I love the whole idea of Thanksgiving – that we should take time to reflect on our blessings and be grateful for the good things in our lives. I also love a great game! Combining those two loves… I have template for you with directions for TWO printable games – Thanksgiving Categories (think Scattergories with Thanksgiving prompts) and I’m Thankful For… which challenges players to think of something they are thankful for that goes with EVERY letter of the alphabet – with points for every unique answer!
Check out the template and directions below – you’ll notice that it is all black and white and greyscale for easy printing!
For the Thanksgiving Categories Game:
- Print the “Thanksgiving Categories” Sheet
- Cut apart the Lists
- Make sure you have enough of each list so that each player has their own tiny copy
- Pass out one of the lists to each player
- Provide each player with paper and a pencil to record their answers
- Have the Scattergories Board game? Use the dice to roll a letter.
- Don’t have dice or don’t want to dig them out? No problem – use the website at this link from your computer or phone to spin a letter
- Show everyone playing the letter
- Set a timer for 2 minutes on your phone
- All players write down an item that begins with that letter for every category on the list
- When the timer runs out, everyone shares their answers
- Players get a point for each answer that makes sense AND that no one else wrote down for that category!
- Play again with a new list and a new letter
- You can even play with the same lists again as long as you pick a new letter!
For the I’m Thankful For… Game:
- Print the “I’m Thankful For…” sheet for each participant
- Each player writes down one thing they are thankful for that starts with each letter of the alphabet
- Are you competitive? You can make it a game, like the game above, by having everyone share their answers and giving points for those answers that none of the other players shared!
- Who can be the most creative with their thankfulness!?
You can use this with students at school, share with the families you serve so they can play at home, or enjoy with your own family!
I hope you have fun being thankful and gaming at the same time!!!